(This recipe makes 6 servings )
|Stew beef||–||pounds cubes|
|Ginger||–||1 1/2 inch pc|
|Garlic||–||6 to 7 cloves|
|Green chili||–||3 to small|
|Red onion chopper||–||2 small or (1 large)|
|Turmeric powder||–||3/4 tsp|
|Chili powder||–||1 1/2 tbs (or to taste)|
|Coriander powder||–||2 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||–||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||–||1 tsp|
|Black pepper powder||–||1 tsp|
|Salt to taste|
|olive oil||–||1/12 cup (divided in to half )|
|Curry leaves (optional as garnish)|
- Mix all ingredients in food processor; expect the curry leaves and half the olive oil, to create an onion-ginger paste
- Marinate beef with the paste and leave in fridge for an hour and half.
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker or pan and fry for 5 to 6 minutes in medium flame. Once the water starts to release from the meat, close the lid (or cover the pan), and cook for 10 minutes or 5 whistles from the pressure cooker.
– If you are using a pressure cooker, cook the meat 85%. If you are using stove top cook the meat 90 %.
- After the pressure releases from the cooker remove the lid and add the rest of the oil and let the water evaporate. Fry the meat in low flame. At this point, you may add the curry leaves to your preference, however, the curry leaves are more for presentation than for taste. Fry till the oil separates from the sides.
For recipes such as this and other delicious dishes visit Muslim American Recipes or check out the next edition of the magazine.